Eating Penguin... and other acts of nonsense.

Welcome to Eating Penguin, where your senses will be assaulted by ruminations of the absurd and unique outlook of one hunter of world renown. Okay, maybe I made up the part about world renown, but everything else is accurate.

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Eating penguin...?

Few things in life give greater pleasure than doing something wrong, don't you think?  And what could be so wrong that one could be overwhelmed with guilty pleasure?  Yep, you guessed it. Eating penguin.

(Just look at all those happy feet!)

What exactly does penguin taste like?  Damn good question and I wish I had an answer for you, but evidently penguins are what's know as a 'protected' species and are, as such, protected by law.  Those that have actually partook of the rare delicacy are few and far between, which, of course, just increases my curiosity.  One survivor of the Shackleton expedition to Antarctica in 1914 related that it tasted like 'leather marinated in turpentine...'

Well, hell yes, that gets MY taste buds rolling!  I don't care what you say, them sounds like good eatin'!

They say penguins are found only in the southern hemisphere, but I know that not to be true.  I have seen them at Sea World.  They DO exist here.  I also wonder if the photo below is what many believe are a rare breed of Arizona desert penguin.


I haven't yet figured out the best way to hunt penguins.  Well, at least how to hunt them and actually get away with it.  I mean, c'mon, we know the little buggers are hiding in plain sight, but it's going to be tough to get a clean shot off with all those spectators and such.  Plus, I use a Remington 7mm Magnum, so there may not be much left other than penguin giblets.  Gots a lots o' planning to do before taking on the Great Penguin Hunt.

We will be discussing tactics and such from time to time.  Preferred hunting grounds, ideal methods of capture and/or harvest, how to skin the little critters, and preferred cooking recipes.  I can't say for you, but I am excited!

But, as I ponder these dilemmas, why not use the space to talk about other things in life that make just about as much sense as eating penguin?  Stay tuned for more...

No comments:

Post a Comment